Did you know that your smile can tell a lot about you? Not only it is an indication of your mood at the moment, it can give dentists a clue to your overall health. Poor oral hygiene can lead to such complications as oral and facial pain, gum disease and a variety of mouth infections that can affect major organs of the body.
That’s why practicing good oral hygiene and seeing a dentist regularly is so important for people of all ages. The state-of-the-art practice of Powell Dental Group LLC and our skilled professionals are dedicated to keeping your teeth and gums in tip-top shape.
Habits that promote good oral health:
1. Brush twice a day: Brush for at least two minutes, using fluoridated toothpaste.
2. Floss daily: It removes plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach.
3. Replace your toothbrush: Do this every three months or when it appears warn.
4. Visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and exams. This is one of the most effective ways to detect the early signs of gum disease.
5. Limit soda, coffee and alcohol: Excess amounts can cause tooth decay.
6. Drink milk: Milk contains calcium, which strengthens teeth and builds stronger enamel.
7. Some carbs are okay: Despite their popularity, low-carb diets can cause bad breath. A balanced, dental-healthy diet can help reduce tooth decay.
8. Take a daily dose of vitamins C and D: These vitamins help support the absorption of healthy mouth minerals such as calcium and phosphorous, which support the bone and gum tissue, keeping it healthy. This is an easy way to maintain dental hygiene and fight gum disease.
9. Avoid cigarettes and smokeless tobacco: These are known to contribute to gum disease and oral cancer.
Committed to maintaining your great smile!
At the office of Powell Dental Group LLC, we’re dedicated to providing the highest quality of skilled and compassionate care. For more information on the many other dental services we provide, give us a call today.
Emergency dental care is a service we hope you’ll never need- but if you do, the office of Powell Dental Group LLC is here for you! As providers of experienced, and compassionate care we’re well equipped to get you back on the road to oral health.
Dental emergencies can come about in any number of ways. Your discomfort may be due to an injury to the oral facial area, the acute flare-up of a longstanding problem, or the result of the sudden onset of seemingly inexplicable pain. While there are many reasons for seeking urgent dental care, some of the most common ones include severe toothaches, chipped or fractured teeth, problematic wisdom teeth, a dental abscess, a broken filling, a loosened crown, or a broken denture. Whatever the case may be, it’s essential to contact our office promptly for care. If left untreated many dental emergencies can quickly worsen, resulting in more severe consequences to your oral health and overall well-being.
Although many dental emergencies are associated with pain, there are those that are uncomfortable in other ways, also requiring timely care to help you return to your daily routine. For instance, a lost crown or broken denture can leave embarrassing gaps in one’s smile and make it more difficult to speak clearly and chew. Not to worry, if faced with one of these types of dental problems, rest assured that you’ll receive the swift service you’re hoping for at our office. With patient care and comfort as our top priorities, we’ll carefully explain your treatment options and provide the precise and gentle care required to get your smile back on track. We offer a comprehensive range of advanced services to address a broad spectrum of urgent dental needs, including the prompt repair or replacement of dental prostheses such as crowns and dentures.
At the office of Powell Dental Group LLC, we’re dedicated to providing the highest quality of skilled and compassionate care. For more information on our office and the many services that we provide, give us a call today.